Saturday, June 12, 2010

Writings on Stone

Sometimes I wonder if all the people I have met, remember me, think about me. And thinking about it, I wonder if the friends I am creating memories with, right now, will remember me a few decades later. Will we be able to recall inside jokes? Or talk for hours about some funny incident in high school that had got everyone laughing? And in wondering, I create what 'looks-like-a-poem' while having a shower - as always, can't be more creative any other time - and here it is - for you, and for all my friends:

a rooster crows. the moon shines.
in an attempt to pass the few seconds in between,
i engrave in stone; myself, my imagination, everything,
the world around me - as i see it.
but, i was told, today, that stone erodes -
and with it, the writings on it.

will You remember me?
long after the writings are gone,
long after the moon rises;
until the rooster crows again;
until, someday, our paths cross again,
will You remember me?

No comments:

Post a Comment